Report back from our delegates to the London Policy Conference
1. Fly-tipping is a London wide problem which needs addressing.
2. Incinerators are causing air pollution and should not be used when many of the items burnt could be recycled. Policy needed on incineration.
3. The Mayor needs more waste management powers.
4. Standardise waste and recycling across London.(e.g. Havering does not do food waste recycling.) Use waste as a resource.
5. Support local energy generation.
6. Switch energy providers to consider others than the Big Six.
1. Focus on cycling.
2. The One Hour Bus Ticket idea needs a time extension.
3. Focus needed on orbital routes.
4. Support for ULEZ as soon as possible.
5. Passenger voice groups needed.
Safer, Healthier Communities
1. Increase of hate crime stressed.
2. Preventative crime action pays for itself. (Leeds was given as a good example of success in preventative crime.)
3. Early intervention needed to cut crime.
4. Youth budget cuts are devastating.
5. Betting shops are premises which attract crime and anti-social behaviour. (Also fast food premises.)
6. Local cops needed.
7. Loss of so many fire engines across London was raised as a concern.
6. London should be a ‘Dementia Friendly’ city.
from Rosina Purnell